These spicy Thai noodles are a quick and easy dish that can be served as a meal or as a side. In under half hour, you can have these noodles cooked and ready to eat, prep time included. The sauce is also homemade, no store bought sauces here! If you love classic asian flavours you’ll love this recipe!
I use a healthy amount of sriracha and red pepper flakes to give these noodles their spice, so like always, you can alter how much you use to suit your own tastes. Once you finished your sauce, that’s the best time to try it to test out the heat, and if it’s too spicy simply add more stock to cool it down.
I personally find these Asian noodles go best with a salad or some other vegetable side, especially if your serving to your vegetarian friends. I’ll often reheat the leftovers for lunch the next day, as they keep well.
Also, feel free to use any other type of noodles you’d like. I call for linguine, however choosing spaghetti, spagettini, cappellini, or even a rice noodle can work as a substitute. So give it a try next time you need an idea for a quick lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies.
- 1 handful Cilantro, fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 inches Ginger, fresh
- 4 Green onions
- 8 oz Mushroom
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Eggs, large
- ⅓ cup Soy sauce, low sodium
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1½ tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 lb Linguine
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water, salt, and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vegetable stock, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
- Return large stock pot to stove, heat remaining 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.