Here is the last recipe we’ll leave you with before Christmas, our tomato, brie cheese, and pesto puff pastry bites. This appetizer is simple to make and is always a crowd pleaser. The red and green colours from the tomato and pesto will make it look festive on your table. If you’re still looking for a tasty appetizer to share this holiday season, give these delicious flaky bites a try!
This recipe calls for either homemade or store bought pesto. If you decide to make your own pesto, I would recommend keeping it simple for this recipe. I typically use basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and sometimes I add some parmesan. If you have leftover pesto, use it on sandwich or pasta. So yummy!
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season, and I hope you all get a chance to spend time with those you love!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 400 g puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ sweet onion finely chopped
- 150 g grape tomatoes, halved
- 125g brie cheese, cut into small cubes
- pesto, homemade or store bought
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 24 mini muffin cup pan, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Saute the onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, and continue sauté for 1 minutes, just until starting to soften. Remove pan from heat.
- Flatten with your hands pieces of puff pastry to be about 2 inches round, and about ¼ inch thick. Fit into mini muffin cups, pressing to take shape.
- Add one piece of the brie cheese (about 1 teaspoon), one teaspoon of the tomato mixture, then about ½ teaspoon of pesto on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puff pastry starts to puff and is starting to get golden. Enjoy!