To wrap up our Canadian inspired recipes for this week, and to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, we bring you the ultimate Canadian cocktail, the Caesar. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this cocktail it’s similar to the Bloody Mary, but instead of just using tomato juice, Clamato is used which is a blend of both tomato juice and clam broth. What makes this drink so delicious are all the fixing that go with it, and we are not holding back.
From seasoning the Clamato juice, to finishing it off with a celery salt rim, half the fun is assembling the drink the way you like it. In this recipe we go all out with the garnishes, with maple bacon, tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil, celery, olives, and lime. Caesar’s are typically mixed with vodka, but can be enjoyed without alcohol too and it will still taste great. You really can customize your drink the way you want.
If you too are celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday, be sure to complete you rmeal with the ultimate Canadian Caesar cocktail. Even those who aren’t celebrating, give this Canadian drink a try, you won’t be disappointed.
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies weekly newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- FOR THE DRINK:
- 1 oz Vodka
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 drops of Tabasco Sauce (more or less depending how spicy you like it)
- ¼ tsp lime juice
- Mott's Clamato Original juice
- FOR THE GARNISH:
- Caesar Rimmer Spice (or celery salt)
- 1 Lime
- Grape tomatoes for garnish
- Bite size bocconcini cheese
- Fresh basil
- 1 crisp piece of maple bacon, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 3 pitless olives
- 1 celery stalk
- Cut a wedge of lime and use it to wet the rim of a 8 ounce cocktail glass and dip into Caesar rimmer spice.
- Fill glass to half with ice cubes and pour in 1 ounce of the vodka
- Pour in Worcestershire, Tabasco, lime juice and fill glass to ¾'s full with Clamato juice; stir to mix.
- Garnish with a prearranged skewer of grape tomatoes, basil, bocconcini cheese, pieces of maple bacon and olives. Add celery stock into drink. Cut another lime wedge and place on rim of glass. Enjoy!