Happy Sneaky Sunday friends! We’ve been sharing some of our favourite pumpkin recipes this week with the excitement of fall and our Canadian thanksgiving weekend, and today I’m featuring my pumpkin muffins. I often prepare these first thing in the morning at home, as they make for a perfect quick breakfast. They’re also great for a snack and using in school lunch boxes. If you love everything pumpkin spice like I do, I’m sure you will enjoy these. I hope you get the chance to try them!
Pure pumpkin mixed with a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry make these delicious muffins. I use gluten free flour which turns out great with this muffins, however feel free to use any favourite flour at home!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in your IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- pepitas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl add the butter and sugar and using an electric mixer, mix until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla with a spoon. Pour the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon just until combined.
- Pour mixture equally in a lined muffin pan tin. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar and pepitas if desired. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.