A few weeks ago I first had this salad at my mother in laws house, and soon as I tried it, I knew I had to share it. I’ve been wanting to include a recipe with lentils on the blog as we haven’t yet, so I thought with it being summer time that this seemed like the perfect one to start with. So here it is, our Greek Lentil Salad.
Dinner at my in laws is always something to look forward to. My mother in law has such a talent in the kitchen, and has been a big inspiration to me. She is always making new recipes for us to try and helping with ideas for the blog. When we had this salad together, we both agreed it was one worth sharing on the blog. So next time you are looking for a healthy summer salad to serve with your dinner, give this easy and tasty recipe a try!
We love feedback, so if you try one of our recipes, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag us in our IG photo’s using #sneakymommies. Never miss another recipe again by subscribing to our Sneaky Mommies newsletter. As a member, you will also receive EXCLUSIVE bonus recipes not found on our blog. Sign up today!
- 1 19oz can (540 ml) of canned lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tbsp fried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the lentils, olives, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese and parsley.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, dried oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to lentil mixture and toss to coat. Enjoy!